Sunday 25 September 2011

I am little more than alive: Dev Anand



Dev Anand
Dev Anand is living like a gypsy these days. He has parked himself in a small, dimly lit room stacked with papers, trophies, posters of his old classics, photographs, portraits.. 

It will take a few more weeks to shift everything back from this makeshift office to his penthouse which is getting renovated few metres away. Even as it is difficult for him to scurry around like this, it doesn't let it affect his enthusiasm and cheerful disposition. He is geared up to release his new film Chargesheet - a murder mystery, on September 30, four days after his 88th birthday on September 26.

Birthday wishes 
"I have not celebrated my birthday for a single year as a star. But every year, few days before my birthday, my fans start calling me wanting to know that where do they meet me. I can understand their excitement because when I was nobody and called someone important, I would love to hear their voice. My fans take it for granted that they are coming. People congregate from different parts of the country to celebrate, and not wanting to leave," says the legendary actor. But this time Dev Anand has asked his fans to hold on to the celebrations as the only motivating factor for him is his film, nothing else. It doesn't matter to him much if his colleagues and contemporaries don't wish him on his birthday, "I don't expect them to do so because they are very busy and to reach them one has to go through their secretary." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...