Sunday 25 September 2011

There is something about Vinay Pathak



 Riya Sen
Vinay Pathak has established himself as a versatile actor with excellent comic timing. But he has always craved to do a typical romantic comedy or romcom. 

With Tere Mere Phere, he got the opportunity. He says, "When Deepaji narrated the concept, I was very excited. I've never done such a film before. Yes there is humour, but it is not mindless," he says. "Marriage is funny. It is like a sweetmeat - you can neither eat it, nor let it go. And for my co-star and bodyguard Riya Sen, marriage is like a plateful of laddoos. She would prefer to eat as much as she can," a guffawing Vinay admits that this is one of the best comedies he has ever worked in.

Debutant actors Sasha Goradia and Jagrat Desai say just observing Vinay act, helped them learn a lot and polish their own acting skills.

"Vinayji is indeed a spectacular actor and a great co-star. During the shooting schedule in Himachal Pradesh, he used to always guide me. The set had become a classroom for me, where I became a student and Vinayji was my tutor", says Sasha animatedly.

"Apart from his acting prowess, I was bowled over by his dedication," admits Jagrat. "In spite of his vertigo he'd never compromise on any shot. On one side there was a valley that plunged 14,000 feet and in front was a rig that partially covered the view. While we were driving, sometimes mad drivers would try speeding. However, we continued shooting, staying focussed on the road and yet retaining our expressions. It's something I couldn't have managed without Vinayji's help," he concludes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...