Thursday 29 September 2011

Amitabh Bachchan deserves Bharat Ratna: Lata Mangeshkar deserves Bharat Ratna: Lata Mangeshkar

Bharat Ratna
Amitabh Bachchan felicitated Lata Mangeshkarby honouring her with the very first 'Hridayanth' award on the occasion of her 82nd birthday last night in Mumbai. 

Also present at the occasion were the Mangeshkars lead by Pandit Hridayanath Mangeshkar, renowned filmmaker Yash Chopra, ace Tennis player Leander Paes, Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray and renowned singers like Sonu Nigam, Sadhana Sargam, Sunidhi Chauhan, Suresh Wadkar,Kavita Krishnamurthy & Bela Shende.

Inspite of being a legendary actor, Amitabh Bachchan chose not be fashionably late. He was right on time to honour the nightingale of India.

After presenting Lata didi the trophy, Lata Mangeshkar thanked the superstar.

"Yash Chopra considers me her sister and I consider Amitabh Bachchan as my brother. So I have my three brothers here tonight. As Hridaynath said earlier, I want to present this very 'Hridaynath' award to Amitabh next year on his birthday or mine. By then I am sure he will be given the Bharat Ratna. It will then become special as one Bharat Ratna will give away the award to other Bharat Ratna'. " 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...